Birthday Bumps....This is not a joke....

Since I turned 25…(here forth referred to as N)….there have been a series of incidences that make me wonder about the humour of life and growing older…
Things that rub my age in my face…. This is my TRUE experience... I wish it was just a forward..

“Coincidence” 1: Date…24th Oct …1 day after my bday
While calling up my Tata indicom guy… after 1 month of yelling at them I take the polite approach...speaking slowly n politely in Hindi.. and saying please and thank you…
Result…? When he comes over to my house… he asked me If he spoke to me on the phone… when I said YES he says..
Lagta tha ki main Aunty se baat kar raha tha” ...(Probably not the best Hindi, but this is my version)
Of course when I gave him the “Mel You look like Rajnikanth’s Wife” look he tried to cover up while filling in my details like DOB saying...”Oh 82.. lagta tha ki 85 hai..”
Yeah, right … too late!


“Coincidence” 2: Date…22th Oct …1 day before my bday
I receive a special offer courier from Ponds….”Try a product worth Rs.450/- for Rs. 200/-….if you don’t think it works we’ll give you your entire money back…”
Seems really nice tho the envelope said “Look Younger in just 7 days…or your money back”
Ponds Age Miracle.. yeah ... that’s my special offer….
I went semi-berserk and asked my receptionist if it looked like I needed it.. she laughed…

I didn’t laugh so much when I received the SAME courier 3 days later AGAIN!!!!! Talk abt adding insult to injury!!!

“Coincidence” 3: Date…25th Oct
My friend enters her kids picture in some website and asked us to vote for it…the website is IndiaParenting.com ….you have to register to login…
Oh well apart from icky details like your spouses name, if pregnant your due date…. (SERIOUSLY) ….there is the usual DOB field…I decided to treat myself to lying about my age…23 Oct 1983 is not such a big lie is it…?? Except that ...
…the dropdown for Year started from 1982! There was no option for anyone born after that!!! Apparently once you are N you are eligible to join this website and not before.. (I’m looking for a sue-this-site link)
I don’t want that kid to win the contest now.


Oh well… I laughed it all and said... I should blog about this... This is actually cute and funny na! HAHAHAAAAAHAHAA take it in Good spirit n all that jazz !!
I mean, 3 times can be coincidence na ??

Let’s laugh it off going shopping to Brand-Factory with Clyde for some shopping and my ego boost….
….So I did that...
Yeah, and the bill came to...(I swear I have the bill to prove it)…………
Rs. 1983/-

“Coincidence” number 4 ??????? I don’t think sooo..

Wish all my pretty lady pals a very happy Nth birthday

And here's a pic of d Pune Gang who shared my Nth with me... sad to say most of them are under-N....




4 comments:

$avio said...

Man !! Mel.. y u making urself sound so old ?
I'm still picturing you a lot younger and playful...

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
Nice blog.. i was actually laffing while reading, fact being i am pretty much in the same boat .. everyone who wished me made it a point to bloody remind me of it.. ne ho, we still hv to smile..:)
-Urvashi

Melissa said...

Well Savio I'm still young n playful.. but as Urvashi will understand it hurts when we laugh :) !!

Anonymous said...

quid ifpma ranking profanity herb glaze sortinggive pharmexpert taping ukraines beveragesee
lolikneri havaqatsu